Saturday, May 17, 2014

On Succulents...and overkill...

 Ooooooh.....I am loving succulents this year!
They're so pretty.  
So odd.
They have gorgeous flowers...and beautiful foliage.
They're hard to kill.
Not that I would try but...
I could be convicted in the murder of many plants...
Not pre-meditated, mind you.
Inasmuch as I love them...I've stopped short of making a succulent wall.
Honestly, who needs that?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on Pinterest.  
I blame Pinterest for this obsession, by the way...

Several varieties in different colors and shades look AWESOME planted together...
just look at them...
they're BEAUTIFUL!

 This is a little succulent garden I started by the back porch...hopefully it will fill in nicely...

There are upcycled pots of every kind filled with succulents all around my home...have I mentioned that I went a little crazy this year?

 I love this hanging copper pot...a garage sale find...

This is by my front door...my friend made me the hypertufa pot with succulents...come to think of it, it may be partially her fault that I'm so in love with succulents now...she certainly got the ball rolling!  :)

LOVE galvanized metal with succulents...

These empty "pots" are waiting to be filled...and oh they will be...maybe I'll wait until some of my succulents outgrow their current homes...and divide them or propagate them from cuttings...I think that would be wise...

This beauty (a vintage tin jello mold) is in my kitchen window (don't notice the dirty window please...thank you kindly)... the plants have nearly doubled in size in the 2 weeks it's been there!
The succulent lady at the farmers market told me I was suffocating them by keeping them indoors...if you know that to be true, please confirm it with me...I googled it and I couldn't find anything that supported that claim... Lord knows, I don't want to hurt them!

For Northwest folks, Fred Meyer has an incredible selection of reasonably priced succulents...and so does Bark and Garden in west Olympia...a tip just in case you've caught my succulent fever...
if loving them is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

No comments: