Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Shenanigans...

Mother's Day is one of my favorite days...
Probably because I'm a mom.
And on that day I do not have to do dishes...
or laundry...
I get to celebrate my mom...
and other very special moms...
and grandmoms...this is my sister-in-law with her newest grandson...
(she has grandma superpowers for quieting crying babies...it's quite amazing really)

and great grandmoms...(that's my mom)

 and I got to Skype my two far-away kids...whom I miss terribly...

and my sister and I got to be great, superior, fabulous aunts and hold squishy adorable baby Ace...

 And then there was the cupcake contest...we are a competitive bunch.  Have I mentioned that I won the mac and cheese competition...hands down...a few years ago?  I did.
I did not, however, take home this beauty that I made for the winner of the cupcake contest...
it would have looked so good in my kitchen...

As you can see, the competition was formidable...in case you're interested, I made angel food cupcakes with lemon curd filling and blueberry whipped frosting....
I thought I had it in the bag...

unfortunately, Cathrine's cheesecake cupcakes, artistically decorated, and, I digress, incredibly tasty, won the competition hands down.
This is me being a good sport...

So Mother's day 2014 is history and we've decided that our next competition will be something savory...perhaps appetizers...because we were all sick by the time we'd tasted all of the cupcakes and everyone knows you have to taste them all!  If our mother taught us anything it was to be polite!
Hope your Mother's day was fun too!

No comments: