Saturday, March 1, 2014

This is not my arm....yet....


So I've been working out with a rubber band...
Rubber tubing actually.
It's a mean and vindictive workout partner.
It refuses to go as far as I try to pull it.
It's stubborn...snapping back as if to say "You're not the boss of me!"
I have learned a few things...
1.  Rubber bands are better used to wrap around pony tails or newspapers or to fling at little brothers when they least expect it.
2.  My arms are VERY WEAK.
3.  My arms have NO STRENGTH.
4.  My "mommy" arms are gone, long gone, so far gone, gone, gone, gone...isn't there a song that goes something like that?
5.  I need to change my attitude about band workouts.
6.  I need to dominate that band!
My friend, who introduced me to the evil band, keeps reminding me that I can add reps to my workout when it gets easier.
Well, that sounds lovely.....when might that happen I wonder...
So far, I'm happy with my rep count.
They say "the more the merrier" but I'm pretty sure that doesn't refer to reps in a band workout.
Yet.
I did make a muscle the other day...
and it was pretty firm.
Not so squishy.
Maybe that #$&% band is working.
Maybe I should be thankful for the band.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...

Sugar update:
I am eating sugar again but not ANYWHERE near what I used to do...I'm practicing self-control...not always easy, but I have to say, it feels good to tell myself "no" and then go about my day.  I'm okay with it.  And sometimes I let myself have a little somethin' somethin' and it's a lovely treat...and I'm thankful.  :)


No comments: