Friday, June 13, 2014

Taking a Right on Recovery Road...


At the risk of being overconfident,
I believe we may have turned off of this avenue of agony we've been traveling,
onto the road of recovery.
His pain is under control.
His leg has movement.
He is a slightly weathered version of the old him...
and I am so thankful.
I'm thankful that he is comfortable.
I'm thankful that he can eat.
I'm thankful that he has slept.
I'm even more thankful that I have slept a bit too!
I'm thankful for nurses who listen to crying wives and say calming words that change nothing but change everything...
I'm thankful for a husband who was grateful for my efforts in the wee hours of the morning when nothing I did lessened his pain...
I'm thankful that I do not have to go to Costco in the near future...
I've been to the Costco pharmacy approximately 8 times in the last 5 days (wait times were an hour each time).
Today they just motioned me over when my order was ready.
That's fine at Starbucks...
But at a pharmacy, it is NOT as cool.
On the upside, the street value of the meds in our possession could potentially pay for my daughter's next year at college...
but we're not sellin'...
Most of all, I'm thankful that my husband is alive and kickin'...
The clots in his lungs were killer...
and yet he lived.
And I'm thankful...

No comments: