Thursday, April 24, 2014

Details...


I have a new little nephew...a tiny little nephew...
Technically, he's a great nephew...but great aunts are always so old...and...well...I like to think that I'm not quite old enough to be a great aunt...
I visited my one day new little nephew.
His mommy unwrapped him so we could see his little fingers and toes...
They were all there.
Each little toe had a tiny toenail...
Even the pinky toe.
It was super tiny.

I remember when I had my babies...
I remember looking at their tiny toes...
That tiny little toenail on the pinky toe gets me every single time.
It's just. so. tiny.

Life is so full of details...
Parts and pieces of a big picture.
Important and less important...
But all important...to someone...

We pray about health...
safe travel...
decisions...
loved ones...
jobs...
weather...
pets...
projects...
security...
thoughts...
anxiety...
joys...

God is a God of details.
He cares about what we care about.
"God doesn't care about that, I'm not going to bother Him."
Wrong.
He put nearly microscopic toenails on pinky toes in the womb...
He cares about everything.
Every detail.
He wants you to share everything.
Every detail...
Details that He created and cares about...
Yes, even that.

No comments: