Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Showtime!

I have two really big shows this year! Today is the Bearzaar...at Olympia High School and next weekend is the big Lacey Holiday Bazaar at St. Martin's Pavilion!
I just love doing shows...meeting people...laughing and kick-starting the holidays! Last night after I set up, I walked around the show, admiring all of the incredible work people have done. It is amazing the amount of literal hours that go into a show of any size. One booth had at least 6 big Christmas trees that a couple of ladies were painstakingly decorating with handmade ornaments!
I especially love the family time that shows bring. My daughters like to help me and my sister and mom also enjoy pitching in! I may make the goods, but in the end, I get by with a little help from my peeps!
Hopefully, this year will be profitable...it's a tough financial year for most folks...but ultimately, it's the love of art that drives me to create...a show is a really fun way to clear out the shelves so I can make some more!

No comments: