Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm being nice to me!


Tulips make me happy!, originally uploaded by artbyheather.

So...I made a decision a few months ago. Nothing major...nothing life altering...just a simple little thing that has had a rather large result. Every week, I buy myself tulips. Just a single bunch of 5 stems. 4 bucks worth. It doesn't break my grocery budget and I haven't missed the cash. The result has been a little oasis of happy on my antique pie safe. I found this fabulous copper pitcher for $2.50 at a thrift store...yes, you read that right, $2.50! It is the perfect vessel for my tulips! They look fabulous in it...a contrast of old and fresh. The most important bit to all of this is that the act of buying flowers for myself is so nice. I'm being nice to me. I buy them whether I deserve them or not. Even if I haven't finished my housework. It is my own little reward for all I HAVE done. AND having fresh flowers in the house makes me want to keep the space around them tidy...which is why I put them in the center of the main living space!! :o)
May I suggest that you buy yourself flowers today too!? Be nice to you! They're relatively cheap...even one stem will brighten up your whole day...your home...your attitude!
:o)

No comments: